Issues with Acers
That pesky screensver has been disabled and you want to enable it?
Start the Group Policy Editor
To start the group policy editor, follow these steps.
NOTE: You must be logged on to the computer using an account that has administrator privileges in order to use Group Policy Editor.
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type mmc, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Add/Remove Snap-in.
- Click Add.
- Under Available Stand-alone Snap-ins, click Group Policy, and then click Add.
- If you do not want to edit the Local Computer policy, click Browse to locate the group policy object that you want. Supply your user name and password if prompted, and then when you return to the Select Group Policy Object dialog box, click Finish.
- NOTE: You can use the Browse button to locate group policy objects linked to sites, domains, organizational units (OU), or computers. Use the default Group Policy Object (GPO) (Local Computer) to edit the settings on the local computer.
- Click Close, and then in the Add/Remove Snap-in dialog box, click OK.
Then in mmc go to user configuration, administrative templates, control panel, display, and play with the screensaver settings.