Paint.NET is an excellent open source graphics editing tool that is easy to use and good looking.
- Unlimited undo history
- Special effects such as blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise, embossing, 3D Rotate/Zoom effect that makes it very easy to add perspective and tilting to an image.
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows XP (SP2 or later), or Windows Vista, or Windows Server 2003 (SP1 or later)
- .NET Framework 2.0
- 500 MHz processor (Recommended: 800 MHz or faster)
- 256 MB of RAM (Recommended: 512 MB or more)
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution
- 200+ MB hard drive space
- 64-bit support requires a 64-bit CPU that is running a 64-bit version of Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows Server 2003, and an additional 128 MB of RAM
Please note that Paint.NET uses your hard drive to store temporary files related to undo/redo. Because of this, actual disk space requirements will depend on the type of actions you perform on an image, and on the size of the image.